Women's Equality Act
Pictured: From left to right: Governor Andrew M. Cuomo; Betsey Ball, Director of Legislative Affairs; Alphonso B. David, Deputy Secretary for Civil Rights
On June 4, 2013, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, joined by members of the Women's Equality Coalition, introduced legislation that includes several amendments to the New York State Human Rights Law.
The Women's Equality Act includes the following 10 points:
- Achieve Pay Equity
- Stop Sexual Harassment in All Workplaces
- Allow for the Recovery of Attorneys’ Fees in Employment and Credit and Lending Case
- Strengthen Human Trafficking Laws
- End Family Status Discrimination
- Stop Source-of-Income Discrimination
- Stop Housing Discrimination for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Stop Pregnancy Discrimination Once and For All
- Protect Victims of Domestic Violence by Strengthening Order-of-Protection Law
- Protect a Woman’s Freedom of Choice
To learn more about the Women's Equality Act, visit http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/06042013Womens-Equality-Act-Legislation.