Freedom of Information Law
All requests for records must be in writing.
You can submit your request using the Open FOIL NY online request form.
You can also submit a request via email or regular mail. This fillable form can either be saved to your computer and sent as an attachment in an email, or printed and sent via mail or facsimilie.
Here are the addresses:Email: email@example.com
Regular mail: Siaka Paasewe, Records Access Officer, New York State Division of Human Rights, One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, New York 10458.
Fax number: 718-741-3217.
Records can be requested for review by appointment. The hours for appointments are from 9:00AM to 5:00PM on weekdays.
A request to review files may be made by calling Siaka Paasewe, Records Access Officer at 718-741-8422 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 718-741-3217 or by mailing a letter to Siaka Paasewe, Records Access Officer, New York State Division of Human Rights, One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, New York 10458. The records are available for review at the Division’s main office at One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, New York 10458. Whenever practicable, records shall also be made available for review at a regional office most convenient to the requester. Regional offices are located throughout the State, and their addresses may be obtained from the main office of the agency, by calling 718-741-8400 or by writing to the New York State Division of Human Rights, One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, New York 10458 or from the Division’s web site.
To contact the Committee on Open Government, you may visit their website at: www.dos.ny.gov/coog/index.html.
Any person denied access to a requested record may, within thirty (30) days of the denial, appeal the denial in writing, by mail or fax, to Caroline J. Downey, General Counsel, New York State Division of Human Rights, One Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, New York 10458, Fax: 718-741-8102.
New York State Division of Human Rights
Subject Matter List of DHR Records
Updated: March 9, 2018
Record Location: One Fordham Plaza, Bronx, New York 10458
Please note, there may be exceptions to availability pursuant to the Freedom of Information Law.
- The Human Rights Law, Executive Law Article 15
- Rules and Regulations
- General Administrative Records. This includes but not limited to Personnel Records, Payroll Records, Finance Records & Mail Room Records
- Leases and Contracts
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Internal Training Manuals
- General Counsel Legal Opinions
- Memorandum of Law.
- Human Rights Resource Guide
- Information Technology Services Records
- Public Information Publications
- Annual Reports
- Press Releases
- Public Hearing Calendar
- Final Agency Determinations and Commissioner Orders
- Commissioner Order Index
- Complaint Files
- Computerized Case Index of Complaints
- General Correspondence
- Memoranda of Understanding with Local Commissions
- Work Sharing Agreements with EEOC & HUD
- Freedom of Information Law Requests
- Freedom of Information Law Appeals
- NYS Division of Human Rights State Archives Retention Schedules
- Internal Control Policy